ARTOS FENCING PISTE + MULTIFUNCTIONAL APPARATUS FA-07
SET COMPOSED OF
• ARTOS Fencing Piste (FIE approved and patented!)
• Multifunctional Fencing Recorder FA-07 (FIE approved)
• Remote control
• Carrying case for (signalling unit)
• 2 x Millennium reel
• 2 x Floor cable
• Carrying case for (Millennium reels and reel cable)
• Piste-Apparatus Cable
• Power supply unit
The ARTOS Fencing Piste and the Millennium reels can be customized upon request trough your logo of club or sponsor!
ARTOS FENCING PISTE
• the latest generation of the internationally successful ARTOS Fencing Piste.
• Highly functional!
• FIE approved and patented!
• Piste colour and print colour: available
• Dimensions: 17.2 x 1.6 m
• Weight: 24 kg
ADVANTAGES OF THE ARTOS FENCING PISTE:
• Transport costs - low
• Tape consumption - low
• Maintenance - low
• Accessories - not required
• Storage costs - low
5 min setup time (previously took 30 minutes).
The Artos Fencing Piste can be simply rolled out and fixed
at the ends with fabric band or tape.
It can be set up on all clean sports’ surfaces, carpets - or
even stone floors with an additional underlay.
MULTIFUNCTIONAL FENCING APPARATUS - FA-07
(with scorer, chronometer, match counter, red and yellow cards, etc…)
• Apparatus for 3 weapons, FIE approved, also suitable for high level competitions.
• Very reasonable price, making it interesting for all fencing clubs. Now everyone can smarten up their club and make use of this amazing signaling apparatus!
• Information visually displayed in various colours for clearer reading and a better visual impact. Although large digits are used, the FA-07 remains moderate in size (55x35cm), allowing it to be easily transported in the carrying case provided.
• Scorer: height of the digits 13cm, legible over 55m.
• Chronometer and Match Counter: height of digits 9cm, legible over 35m.
• Red, Green, and White lights signaling hits: brightly lit, legible at 180° as the lights protrude from the front panel.
• Red and yellow cards, priority and lights signalling faults: visible over 25m.
• The back-lit graphic display panel can simultaneously visualize all information: selected weapon, names and nationalities of the fencers (if the competition is operated on-line), power supply voltage, sound volume, etc. The information is displayed in 5 languages.
• Use of highly efficient LEDs which greatly reduce energy consumption (typical 0.5A), facilitating the apparatus to be battery powered; the battery listed in the catalogue, enables the uninterrupted use of the FA-07 for 10-12 hours, while a 70Ah car battery lasts 120 hours.
• Sturdy infrared REMOTE CONTROL provided, which can also be connected via cable, as required on high level competitions: infrared rays are effective at a distance of over 20m; lithium-ion battery can be recharged with the cable provided. Charge lasts about 300 competition hours. Useful indicators: low battery signal, battery recharging signal, transmission key. Remote control operated functions: chronometer, hits, matches, red and yellow cards, priority, change of weapon, change of fencers' position, management of on-line matches, etc.
• ETHERNET port. The FA-07 is the first fencing apparatus equipped with an Ethernet port connection.
It provides two extremely useful functions:
1) a LAN connection which allows for easy management of a competition;
2) the possibility to update the FA-07 software via a computer, which saves receiving and inserting components into the apparatus due to changes in rules.
• Two Rs422 ports for sending all FA-07 data to external data gathering, visualization, and Video-refereeing systems, and for TV-Superimpositions. Three "Serial Data" ports to communicate with other FA-07s and other Favero Electronic Design devices. All the 5 ports are opto-isolated to protect fencers from dangerous high voltages.
• REPEATER function. Several FA-07s can be connected in a cascade configuration: the first one works as a piste apparatus and the others as repeaters. Connections can be made with regular, easily available and implemented, 4-wire telephone cables, which can be as long as 100m. Those provided are 15m and 2.5m in length. It is also possible to invert the displayed information on an FA-07 repeater so that, when placing two FA-07 apparatuses back to back, a 360° visualisation can be obtained with all information and lights appearing on the same side.
• Transparent shock-resistant front piece, and sturdy metallic case.
• Protected against errors in power supply voltage (if too high the FA-07 will not switch on) .
• Sound volume can be adjusted from zero (off) to 3 (max).
• Different sounds distinguish the sound of hits from those signalling end of chronometer time and those signalling faults.
• Changing of fencers' position.
• Can work in Épée-Training mode, to signal a quick succession of hits.
• Possibility to enable automatic counting of épée hits.
• 10-minute pause button for dealing with any medical interventions.
• Automatic recognition of the "STM-Wireless" system, which can be connected via the appropriate connector.
• Prearranged for attaching and connecting Towers Lights (not included).
• ACCESSORIES PROVIDED: 90-264V/12Vdc power supply unit, remote control, carrying case, 15m and 2.5m cables for connecting to repeaters, 10m and 1.3m for connecting to remote control and for recharging the remote control battery.
• Size and weight: 55x35cm, 8.1kg (carrying case, power supply unit, remote control and cables included).
• Power supply: 12Vdc (10.6-14.5Vdc), typically 0.5A, maximum 2.3A with towers lights connected and switched on. 90-264V/12V power supply unit included.
INFRARED REMOTE CONTROL
• TELE-IR FA-07
• Size: 14,3 x 5 x 2,3 cm
• Weight: 0.19 kg
CARRYING CASE FOR SIGNALLING UNIT
• Size: 60 x 40 x 13,5 cm
• Weight: 3.0 kg
• ENTRY/EXIT DIRECT CONNECTION. Thanks to an innovative, patented design, the Millenium reel does not use rotating rings with brush rub or mercury contacts. Therefore, all the problems associated with the rotary contacts have been eliminated, including faulty contact during rotation as well as maintenance and replacement of the contacts.
• GREATER EFFICIENCY. The 3 springs used for rewinding the cable double as wires for the three electric signals. This provides for greater efficiency since there are no contacts.
• ULTRA FLAT. The reel's thickness is just 4.8cm, slightly more than the piste's height.
• FEWER WINDING TURNS. The diameter of the cable coil is 31cm. Therefore the reel can wind the 20-meter cable in just 20 turns. By contrast, currently available reels require 40 to 50 turns.
• LONGER LASTING SPRINGS. Springs last longer for three reasons:
1. The spring work is greatly reduced thanks to fewer turns of the cable coil.
2. The central pin where the springs turn is large in diameter (3.6cm) and thus reduces the stress of the spring on this fragile location.
3. 3 springs are used, working in concert to reduce stress on any one spring.
• HIGH QUALITY SPRINGS. The springs are made from a special top-quality steel strip.
• LONGER LASTING CABLE. The large diameter of the cable coil not only enlarges the cable camber, but also reduces the number of its bending. Therefore the cable has a longer lasting (both for the external boot and 3 internal wires).
• STRONG STAINLESS STEEL CASE. The case is sturdy and easy to clean. In addition, thanks to its flat, square shape, it is easy to carry and store.
• ADVERTINSING SPACE. The top of the reel has flat surface area of 33cm x 33cm, allowing for advertising space.
• STEADINESS ON THE FLOOR. Thanks to its solid 4.8kg weight and its four "rubber feet”, the reel is extremely steady - pulls on the cable during matches can hardly move the reel.
• CABLE PROTECTION DAMPING SPRING. The cable next to the fencer's end socket usually requires many repairs over time. To reduce this problem, a 10cm spring was placed at this location to not only minimize bending of the cable at the socket exit, but also dampen the stress on the cable when the socket reaches the reel after the fencer's release.
• INNOVATIVE BRAKING SYSTEM. The reel's design moderates the speed of winding when the cable is released from longer distances. The braking mechanism exploits centrifugal force and activates only when the reel exceeds a certain rotary speed. Strong or “bad” pulls received by the cable at the end of the run are therefore avoided.
The top of the Millennium reels allows to display the logo of your club or your sponsor attractively. This is a digital printing on self adhesive foil: protected with a laminating, weather and UV resistant. Dimension: 330 x 330 mm.
• 14m long
• 3-Pins plug
CARRYING CASE FOR MILLENNIUM REELS AND CABLE REELS
• Dimension: 60 x 40 x 13,5 cm
• Weight: 3.0 kg
PISTE APPARATUS CABLE
• 5 m long
• Weight: 0.11 kg
POWER SUPPLY UNIT
• 90-264 V/ 12Vdc 2,5 A
• For Full-Arm-01-05, FA-07
• Weight: 0.34 kg